Pepper Hill Hospital, St Giles (with the use of St. Bartholomew’s Almshouse near Cowley)
A hospital was built in 1832 at Pepper Hill, St Giles, with the use of St. Bartholomew’s Almhouse near Cowley, as a place of recovery for victims of the 1832 cholera epidemic. In total there were 184 cases with a mortality rate of 52%.
Records of Pepper Hill Hospital
Last updated: 9 January, 2019