London Road Hospital, Oxford
Built in 1836-1837 as the Headington Union Workhouse, this became the London Road Hospital after 1929. It was later an old people’s home called The Laurels and was demolished in the 1960s. It does not seem to have been part of the NHS at any point.
Records of London Road Hospital
No archives of the London Road Hospital or The Laurels are known. Records of the Headington Union Workhouse are held by Oxfordshire History Centre
Last updated: 14 November, 2018