Holyrood House, South Leigh
The building was founded as a school (St. James’ College) in about 1875, and subsequently passed through the hands of several organizations. It became a residential psychiatric home in 1956 under the name Holyrood House. In about 1977 it was taken over by Oxfordshire Area Health Authority and run as a hostel by the Mental Handicap Unit (later the Learning Disability Unit). In 1987 there were twenty seven places. The building is now private housing.
Records of Holyrood House
Some administrative records and photographs.
Last updated: 14 November, 2018