Freeland House, Witney
Freeland House (originally Freeland Lodge) was built in 1807 as a private house. In 1941 Queen Mary’s Maternity Home was evacuated to the house, returning to Hampstead in the winter following the end of World War II. In 1948 the building was being run as an auxiliary hospital by the British Red Cross Society. It is now a nursing home.
Records of Freeland House
There are no records at Oxfordshire Health Archives.
There are some records of the building and estate at the Museum of English Rural Life
Last updated: 14 November, 2018