Didcot (Cottage) Hospital
The foundation stone of Didcot Cottage Hospital was laid by Lady Glyn in 1939. It was opened during the war as a twelve bed convalescent home run by the Matron of the Radcliffe Infirmary, with a Sister in Charge at Didcot. It became part of the NHS in 1948 and was administered from 1948 by the Oxford and District Hospital Management Committee 1948-1956 and by the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre 1956-1974. Responsibility passed to Oxfordshire Area Health Authority (Teaching) in 1974, Oxfordshire Health Authority in 1982 and Oxfordshire Community Health NHS Trust in April 1994, and then to Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust. It is now run by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust as Didcot Community Hospital.
Records of Didcot Hospital
Admission register 1965-1969
There may be information in the records of Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre Hospital Management Committee, Nuffield Hospital Management Committee, Oxfordshire Health Authority and Oxfordshire Community Health NHS Trust
Last updated: 14 November, 2018