London Road Hospital, Oxford

Built in 1836-1837 as the Headington Union Workhouse, this became the London Road Hospital after 1929. It was later an old people's home called The Laurels and was demolished in the 1960s. It does not seem to have been part of the NHS at any point.


No archives of the London Road Hospital or The Laurels are known. Records of the Headington Union Workhouse are held by Oxfordshire History Centre

Back to list of hospitals