Public Health department
Under the Notification of Births (Extension) Act 1915 notifications of births had to be made to the appropriate Medical Officer of Health. These records of the Medical Officer of Health for Oxfordshire are held at Oxfordshire History Centre under the reference H2.
- Notification of births in Oxfordshire 1915-1958
- Register of births in Oxfordshire Mar-Dec 1944
- Register and notifications of births in Oxford City Hospitals, insititutions or at home 1924-1969
- Registers of children born in hospitals or institutions in Oxford City 1945-1958
- Registers of children born in hospitals or institutions outside the County of Oxfordshire (mainly Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Wiltshire and Northamptonshire) 1945-1958